10 Reasons Why We Love Being Wedding Photographers
Let's get right to it. We love being wedding photographers. Every turn throughout the day offers new surprises and new joys to celebrate and we love bearing witness to it all. So, perhaps I'll start with reason number one...
- I get lots of kisses from my hubby on wedding photography day. It's like date night meets a 13 hour photography marathon that leaves us utterly sore & tired, but we barely notice because we're all dressed up at an incredible party, working closely together to see the beauty in every moment and freeze those little windows in time. Kind of incredible, huh?
- The dress. Every bride chooses a different dress and every last one is amazing. Elli found "the dress" at Marcella's Bridal, a custom lace, subtle mermaid style gown with sheer shoulder sleeves framing a stunning open back and tiny crystal buttons. Perfect.
- The details. All of those little pieces that set the scene and make your wedding sparkle... We know you've dreamed up, Pinterested, and pined over every little thing and we love to see your ideas and planning come together to make your day. We hope you'll consider Liberty Lake Florist - absolutely beautiful arrangements and boutonnieres for Alex & Elli at Beacon Hill, and wouldn't ya know it? All the flower beds at the venue displayed a full array of purple tones, exactly matching Elli's bouquet theme. So pretty!!
- Family. Your family is so invested in you and the love of your life!! It's the most important, most reliable web of support for a marriage and at weddings. Family members automatically fall into the role of a whole unit... Two families become one. It's pretty magical to watch.
- Your vows strengthen our own. It's been a short 8 years that we've been on our own wedded adventure and every time we watch another loving couple take vows for their future we are reminded of our own wedding day and the promises we made. It's something that draws us closer together and keeps us grounded in love, so thank you.
- Surprises! You might not have anything specific planned, but it's the little things that come up; the overwhelmingly thoughtful speech from your best friend or cousin you haven't seen in years, the unexpected twirl during your first dance, Dad's tears at last sight of his little girl, how about the groom & groomsmen serenade late in the reception... Every single one is great.
- The father daughter dance. I have a father whom I danced with on my wedding day. I know what the bride is feeling and a hint of what dad is feeling. Tears can be dabbed later, we've got some photos to take.
- The mother son dance makes me cry. Maybe because we have two sons, whom we have made regular practice of dancing with in our living room since the day we brought them home. Time is precious. Dance on mommies!
- The crazy dance moves during the reception party time! We would dance more, but we're too busy photographing you shaking your groove thang! These moves make my night! Never stop dancing. Speaking of, Complete sure kept Alex & Ellli's party on the dance floor, fun to work with too.
- We always leave a wedding feeling like we're leaving another friend to their honeymoon and a wonderful start to their lives together. It's a deep connection that we are always honored to take part in as we tell a photo story. Congratulations and all the best, for now and for always.
Venue: Beacon Hill Events
Catering: Beacon Hill Events
Wedding Dress: Marcella’s
Photography: Erik and Alicia Photography, LLC
Erik and Alicia Photography, ©2017